The goal is to provide an online extension of the
summaries provided in the Mutants of Maize, 1997, by M. Gerald
Neuffer, Edward H. Coe and Susan R. Wessler and where many Cooperators
provided short descriptions and images. These short descriptions were
imported into MaizeGDB as a comment, attributed to the contributor. For
comment for kn1
Using Neuffer's pro-active strategy, we are inviting persons of interest to contribute. However, if you are expert on any mutants, you are encouraged to contact us, using the link at the top of this page.
Contents should include, with reference citations:
- a short summary of the mutant with reference citations
- an unpublished image with a caption
- the reference(s) that first reports or defines this locus
- key alleles, with phenotypes, information about viability or special conditions
- regulation of/by other genes or genetic elements
- gene product, function, pathways (GO terms welcome if so inclined)
- map location, how mapped
- any other information you think important, e.g. paralogous loci.